(Click on a player above for bio info, rankings, video highlights and more)
(More: UK’s 2019 targets)
- Follow us on Twitter: Stay up to date on the latest Kentucky recruiting news
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Complete breakdown of the Commission’s report Wednesday, with insight on what they did (and didn’t) recommend to fix the sport.
- Not enough: Critics say the recommendations fell short of ‘decisive action’.
- John Clay column: Commission offers fixes for everything but the main problem.
- Shot fired: Commission’s report takes clear shot at UNC’s academic fraud case.
- Winners and losers: The impact of this scandal on the recruiting trail has been big over past few months; UK has been one of the biggest winners in that area.
- The Commission’s report: End one-and-done, allow athletes access to agents and other recommendations made by the Commission on College Basketball.
- ESPN.com: NBA, players’ association focus on lowering minimum age requirement.
- Column: NCAA got what it wanted, which means ignoring its part of the problem.
- Dan Wetzel: NCAA keeps playing victim instead of facing its biggest issue.
- Mike DeCourcy: The Commission’s recommendations are a colossal waste of time.
- National analyst: Five takeaways from Commission on College Basketball report.
- CBS Sports: The biggest changes proposed by the Commission face long odds.
- Watch: Video of UK target Jalen Lecque from this past weekend’s Nike games.
- Names to watch: Recruits who boosted their stock with their play last weekend.
- Penny Hardaway: “There’s no one better to coach one-and-dones than me …”
- Cole Anthony wants to prove himself as the No. 1 player in the class of 2019.
- Kentucky and Louisville both have some major momentum on the recruiting trail.
- Rivals.com analyst says UK and Indiana are the top two for 2019’s Keion Brooks.
- Watch: Weekend video highlights featuring Kentucky commitment DJ Jeffries.
- Video highlights of Keion Brooks’ 30-point game (John Calipari was watching).
- UK target R.J. Hampton was one of the most entertaining players last weekend.
- National: In Memphis, everything that Penny Hardaway touches is selling fast.
- Louisville is one of the schools working hardest for a top Under Armour player.
- USA Today takeaways: James Wiseman doesn’t need another year of high school.
- National: Jeff Capel has picked up his first commitment as Pitt’s head coach.
- ‘EMBARRASSING’: Scouts have been disappointed with the top-ranked recruits in the 2018 class the past few weeks; What’s wrong with the next wave of stars?
- Major news: Quade Green will return to Kentucky for his sophomore season.
- NBA scout offers advice as UK’s Washington, Vanderbilt, Gabriel test waters.
- 2020 star Josh Christopher is apparently already on John Calipari’s radar.
- Weekend awards: Vernon Carey is “most dominant” post player in the country.
- UK targets Keion Brooks, R.J. Hampton earn praise for play over the weekend.
- ESPN: UK could have a case for the preseason No. 1 ranking if more guys return.
- Watch: Weekend video highlights featuring elite UK post target Vernon Carey.
- National analyst’s take on 2019 PG Cole Anthony; UK could get more interested.
- A closer look at who Chris Mack and Louisville are recruiting in class of 2019.
- In-state star David Johnson had a great showing in front of UofL’s Chris Mack.
- John Clay: Predicting what Washington, Vanderbilt, Gabriel and Green will do.
- Crystal Ball: National analyst makes new picks for two of UK’s top targets.
- More Crystal Ball: Another national analyst makes pick for a third UK target.
- UK target Matthew Hurt, local star Michael Moreno earn praise on Adidas circuit.
- An update on in-state standout KyKy Tandy, who visited UK earlier this year.
- Rivals.com update from Texas also includes a scouting update on Tandy.
- Penny Hardaway’s first evaluation period as Memphis coach is full of ‘swag’.
- Cal in Indy: Kentucky coach makes side trip during weekend recruiting trail.
- Q&A: James Wiseman discusses Penny Hardaway, John Calipari, his recruitment.
- UK commit DJ Jeffries on James Wiseman: “Honestly, no one knows with James.”
- UK target Keion Brooks talks about his recruitment; Michigan State on him big.
- Video interview: Matthew Hurt talks about his game, what he wants in a school.
- Top 2019 recruit Vernon Carey says he won’t be ending recruitment anytime soon.
- Names to remember: RJ Hampton having huge weekend on Under Armour circuit.
- 2019 duo from N.J. grabbing attention of Villanova, Kentucky, Duke, Florida.
- Takeaways from Dallas: Kentucky has potential for “a dominant defense.”
- Eyes on the prize: Who coaches were watching over the weekend in Dallas.
- UK, Memphis target James Wiseman on Penny Hardaway at Nike EYBL as recruiter instead of coaching Team Penny: “It’s been kind of weird, but he’s still family.”
- National: 2019 point guard Cole Anthony is gunning for No. 1 national ranking.
- Watch: 2020’s RJ Hampton puts up 32 points and 13 assists in Dallas.
- Watch: 2019 five-star Tyrese Maxey putting on a show at Nike EYBL.
- How to fix college basketball?: Calipari shares ideas with NBA decision-makers.
- What makes NBA Draft stocks rise and fall? Some tips UK players should know.
- Vernon Carey’s recruitment a “wide open battle,” and Kentucky is in the mix.
- Carey and Cole Anthony were among the top stars in Friday night’s games.
- UK target Tyrese Maxey on reclassification: “I’ve been thinking hard on it.”
- Watch: James Wiseman’s highlights in front of John Calipari on Friday night.
- DJ Jeffries ‘all in’ with Kentucky, working on bringing in James Wiseman, too.
- Top 2020 recruit & early UK target Isaiah Todd moving to school in N. Carolina.
- John Calipari sees a little John Wall in 2019 combo guard Jalen Lecque.
- NBA.com: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander grew into becoming a leader as a freshman.
- Remember the name: Sophomore star Scottie Barnes goes off in his EYBL debut.
- A look at the recruitment of Isaiah Stewart, one of the fastest risers in 2019.
- First stop: All 4 UK coaches started a weekend of recruiting in the same spot.
- UK also watched Vernon Carey, Scottie Lewis, Bryan Antoine on Friday night.
- Decisions, decisions: A new NBA mock draft suggests UK players would benefit by returning for another season; Keldon Johnson now projected as a lottery pick.
- Update on Vanderbilt: UK freshman enters NBA Draft but won’t hire agent.
- ‘It would be a helluva team’: Ashton Hagans’ coach talks about possibilities.
- Kentucky high school standout has been named national freshman of the year.
- Analysts discuss the new class of 2020 rankings | The full Rivals 100 for 2020
- Big weekend: A very important few days on the recruiting trail begins tonight; Here’s where the UK coaches will be, and which players they’ll surely be watching.
- New rankings: Clear battle for top spot in ’19; In-state target moves way up.
- PODCAST: John Clay and Ben Roberts talk Tyrese Maxey and James Wiseman, discussions on who stays and who goes, and much more on UK basketball.
- Penny Hardaway will watch James Wiseman and other top recruits this weekend.
- UK signee Keldon Johnson finishes 7th in the final Mr. Basketball USA poll.
ESSENTIALS: CATS & RECRUITING