120403NextCats.jpg
Sep 102013
 
Devin Booker posted this photo Tuesday of he and Jahlil Okafor during their official visits to UK.

Devin Booker posted a photo Tuesday of he and fellow 2014 prospect Jahlil Okafor visiting Rupp Arena.

Jahlil Okafor, Devin Booker and Tyler Ulis are back home after taking official visits to Kentucky over the weekend.

So where do the Wildcats stand with the trio of 2014 prospects?

According to the 247Sports Crystal Ball, UK is considered the favorite for both Booker and Ulis. The Cats remain a long shot for Okafor.

Ulis – a 5-foot-8 point guard from the Chicago area — is expected to make his college decision in the next few days. Of the 36 recruiting observers who have logged predictions, 86 percent say Ulis will commit to the Wildcats. The other 14 percent are picking Michigan State, though no one has predicted the Spartans since Ulis received an offer from UK last month. Iowa is his other finalist, but no one is predicting the Hawkeyes.

Booker – a 6-5 shooting guard from Mississippi — has narrowed his list to UK, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri and Florida. He grew up in Michigan and his mother still lives there. His father was a standout player for Mizzou in the early 1990s. Still, there have been a lot of recent predictions that he’ll end up at UK. Of 19 picks, 74 percent say Booker will pick the Cats. The other 26 percent predict Michigan.

Okafor – a 6-11 center from Chicago — is considered the No. 1 overall prospect in the class by many recruiting services. Duke is seen as the favorite with 87 percent picking the Blue Devils. Baylor gets 10 percent, while just one of 39 recruiting observers is predicting Kentucky.

MORE: Crystal Ball predictions for several other UK targets.

Share

  One Response to “Crystal Ball: UK’s standing with Alumni Game visitors”

  1. A poll of “recruiting observers.” What a nice way to manufacture a story. Do these observers know anything, or are they just guessing? I strongly suspect it’s a case of the blind leading the blind.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Powered by sweetCaptcha