Four-star safety Marcus Walker picked up scholarship offers from Notre Dame and UCLA on Monday, but his planned recruiting trip to UK is still on for next weekend.
Walker told the Herald-Leader on Monday afternoon that he will visit UK starting July 18. The class of 2015 star has previously been to Lexington for an AAU basketball tournament, but this will be his first visit to the Bluegrass as a football recruit.
July 18 also is the day of the Friday Night Blue Lights Camp, which will bring several other top prospects and commitments from the class of 2015 to UK’s campus.
Walker said last week that he planned to announce a college decision during or immediately after his trip to UK. He said Monday that he was “not sure yet” whether he’ll go ahead with that timetable.
Walker committed to the Wildcats in January but reopened his recruitment in April. He told the Herald-Leader last week that he now has more than 30 scholarship offers, but UK remains one of his top schools. Rivals and ESPN rank him as the No. 16 safety in the class of 2015.
Read more about Walker in Monday’s latest installment of Recruit of the Week.