Devin Askew (2021)
(Click on a player above for bio info, rankings, video highlights and more)
(More: Calipari’s recruiting history)
- Herald-Leader Sports Pass: New deal includes all of our stories for $30/year.
- Crystal Ball: National analyst picking against Kentucky for top frontcourt target.
- National analyst still expects top-five recruit Jalen Green to end up at Memphis.
- Jeff Goodman includes two Kentucky players in his first-round draft projections.
- National analyst: Kentucky likely in third position for top forward Greg Brown.
- John Calipari was back in Florida to visit with Cade Cunningham on Tuesday.
- Kentucky target A.J. Griffin talks about his weekend recruiting visit to Duke.
- National: North Carolina is putting together a stellar recruiting class for 2020.
- Coach of recent UK visitor Shawn Phillips talks about his style of play (pay).
- Recruiting notes: Still-growing UK target puts himself in mix for No. 1 ranking; Recruit’s dad likes Devin Askew’s game; More on Chet Holmgren and UK rivals.
- On the trail: John Calipari expected to visit with top-10 recruit this coming week.
- ESPN ranks top impact freshmen and transfers for this college basketball season.
- No. 2 recruit in 2022 class not focused on possibility of going straight to NBA.
- National: North Carolina added a commitment from a top 60 player on Monday.
- 2022 point guard Paul McMillan loved his recent visit to Big Blue Madness.
- Point guard Scoota Henderson will be a name to remember in the class of 2022.
- Louisville got a commitment from the No. 110 overall player in 2020 on Sunday.
- New player: Kentucky native joins UK basketball team in time for this season; Background on how he was added to the squad (with updated comments).
- CBS Sports: UK is a top-tier choice to win the national championship in 2020.
- Father of Paolo Banchero: ‘Kentucky basketball is at a different level’ (pay site).
- SEC news: Texas A&M has landed a commitment from a top 100 national recruit.
- Is Cade Cunningham next?: Evan Daniels talks to us about his latest prediction, including whether or not Cunningham and Devin Askew can co-exist at Kentucky.
- ASKEW PICKS KENTUCKY: A look at what UK is getting with this 5-star guard, including insight from Evan Daniels. “The kid can really shoot the basketball.”
- Friday night visitors: Kentucky expected to host a trio of recruits for scrimmage.
- Major Kentucky target Jonathan Kuminga says he’s wide open in recruitment.
- Cade Cunningham to Washington among this weekend’s biggest recruiting visits.
- How are first-year coaches faring as the early signing period approaches?
- A scary talent: 7-footer Chet Holmgren continues to turn heads on the court; National analyst touting him as possible No. 1 recruit. He hasn’t heard from UK.
- Former Kentucky target Isaiah Todd committed to Michigan on Thursday night.
- UK targets Paolo Banchero and AJ Griffin will be at Duke’s madness event.
- Top 10 recruit Makur Maker petitions to be eligible for the 2020 NBA draft.
- ‘Dream come true’: 5-star guard Skyy Clark has had 25 colleges come to see him this fall, but the UK visit stood out. “You can’t really explain the feeling.”
- ESPN analyst still gives Oklahoma State the best chance to get Cade Cunningham.
- Analyst: Cade Cunningham’s recruitment is resembling NBA free agency.
- Kentucky is No. 2 in Mike DeCourcy’s preseason rankings for 2019-20.
- Top-10 junior Moussa Cisse has ‘great time’ at Big Blue Madness (pay site).
- John Calipari sees harm in expansion of the NBA Draft to include more rounds.
- Washington Post: NCAA is still whining about pay to play. It’s too late for that.
- Almost got him: Kerry Blackshear talks about nearly picking UK over Florida.
- The next UK-Duke battle?: Top-3 recruit Patrick Baldwin has been considered a Duke lean, but he likes UK, too, and the Cats have a real shot at the 6-10 shooter.
- Q&A with 2021 center Efton Reid, who got a visit from Joel Justus on Wednesday.
- In-state recruit JJ Traynor lands Louisville offer; Early decision is expected.
- National: What should expectations be for Memphis after bringing in No. 1 class?
- U.S. House, Senate members drum up support for compensating college athletes.
- National analyst thinks UK target Paolo Banchero will stay in the class of 2021.
- Video interview with 2020 star Greg Brown, one of UK’s top recruiting targets.
- Kentucky connection: Top recruit says UK has always been his ‘dream school’; Wildcat fans have heard that before, but this one could end up differently.
- Kentucky will be “difficult to beat” for 2021 shooting guard Jaden Hardy (pay).
- Former UK target N’Faly Dante ruled ineligible to start the 2019-20 season.
- 2021 target Trey Kaufman says trip to Big Blue Madness went ‘really well’ (pay).
- 2023 star Dajuan Wagner Jr. was one of the standouts at USA Basketball camp.
- SEC: Tennessee commitment Keon Johnson shined at USA Basketball minicamp.
- Calipari sees a star: UK has made top-10 recruit Greg Brown a major target, and his dad had some very interesting things to tell us about Brown’s recruitment.
- National analyst tempted to make Chet Holmgren the No. 1 player in 2021 class.
- Kentucky is pushing for in-state star JJ Traynor to hold off on decision (pay).
- CBS Sports experts are predicting that Kentucky will win the SEC this season.
- National: Juco commit says Bill Self has been “up front” about Kansas/NCAA case.
- Five-star visitor: Jaden Bradley, a promising young point guard, is visiting UK this weekend, and the Cats have made a great impression early in his recruitment.
- National analyst still thinks Cade Cunningham will end up at Oklahoma State.
- Rivals.com singles out UK targets Greg Brown, Pat Baldwin among USA standouts.
- Elite 2021 recruit Jabari Smith says he would like to visit Kentucky soon.
- Top Kentucky target Cade Cunningham won’t let recruitment stress him out.
- Kentucky target Greg Brown was one of the standouts at USA basketball camp.
- Terrence Clarke thinks UK has a ‘great chance’ to land Cade Cunningham (pay).
- Barnes decides: Instead of visiting UK, the top-10 recruit is headed elsewhere.
- GOOD VIBES: Cade Cunningham could be close to a commitment to Kentucky; We asked Devin Askew and Greg Brown what that would mean for them.
- Mashburn Jr. commits: Son of one of UK’s greatest players makes decision.
- UK target Patrick Baldwin draws comparisons to Klay Thompson, Michael Porter.
- 2021 point guard Kennedy Chandler enjoyed his first meeting with John Calipari.
- Rivals.com analyst on five schools that should be feeling good after USA camp.
- National: Kansas starts off its 2020 class by landing a top juco prospect.
- Major prediction: National analyst thinks Cade Cunningham will pick Kentucky.
- ‘A wonderful visit’: Five-star point guard Devin Askew recaps trip to Kentucky, talks about what’s next and welcomes idea of teaming up with Cade Cunningham.
- UK commit Brandon Boston’s star-filled roster is worthy of its media day.
- UK is not among the schools recruiting 2021 guard Khristian Lander the hardest.
- Former UK target Isaiah Todd talks Kansas and Michigan as decision date nears.
- UK targets Jabari Smith and Chet Holmgren impressed at USA camp Friday night.
- National analyst sees Isaiah Jackson as an important recruit for UK and others.
- Q&A with former UK target Jalen Green, who’s still planning a Christmas decision.
- Big Blue Madness recap: Calipari touts UK’s ‘limitless’ basketball potential.
- Cal’s speech: The UK coach was in full-on recruiting mode Friday night.
- Photo slideshow: Relive the biggest moments from Friday night’s event.
- 6-9 with guard skills: That’s how Madness visitor Trey Kaufman is described; UK’s Joel Justus started the recruiting process with him earlier this month.
- Evan Daniels thinks UK has a better chance than Duke with Jonathan Kuminga.
- Kentucky extended an offer to top-10 junior recruit AJ Griffin on Thursday.
- Cliff Omoruyi won’t take any more visits until after the high school season.
- BIG BLUE MADNESS: Cade Cunningham will be the highlight of UK’s guest list; Latest on his recruitment and a look at the rest of Calipari’s visitors for Madness.
- UK women’s recruiting: Top-10 Treasure Hunt headlines massive guest list.
- Former UK target Bryan Antoine might have to redshirt his first year at Villanova.
- Eastern Kentucky landed a commitment from a Top 250 national recruit Thursday.
- Devin Askew on his recent UK visit: “That was wild. I liked it a lot out there.”
- John Calipari is expected to visit 2020 big man target Cliff Omoruyi on Thursday.
- Can UK land Cade Cunningham?: Evan Daniels breaks down his recruitment, including where he sees UK and if Cats can land Cunningham and Devin Askew.
- Crystal Ball: More good news for UK and Devin Askew from a national expert.
- Devin Askew’s AAU coach talks about the player UK and Louisville are battling for.
- Rivals national analyst has several freshmen on preseason All-American team.
- Mike Krzyzewski demands action from NCAA on payment issue: ‘We must adapt.’
- Michigan is projected to be the landing spot for former UK target Isaiah Todd.
- SEC: Florida got a commitment Tuesday from a top 100 player in 2020 class.
- Rivals.com analyst: Who else will Kentucky add to its recruiting class of 2020?
- Devin Askew’s father says their official visit to UK last weekend was ‘unbelievable.’
- National analyst looks at the recruitment of former UK target Isaiah Todd.
- Can Johnny Juzang follow Tyler Herro’s lead in surprising for Kentucky basketball?
- Notes: Eric Bossi still thinks Cade Cunningham will end up at Oklahoma State.
- Penny Hardaway says John Calipari is the “the king of one and done players.”
- Another prediction: UK continues to get buzz for point guard Devin Askew.
- Almost ready: Longtime UK target Isaiah Todd sets a date for college decision.
- Major change: Cade Cunningham to skip USA Basketball for Big Blue Madness; We’re told the Wildcats are Oklahoma State’s top competition for the elite recruit.
- Jamal Mashburn Jr. sounds like he’s close to making his college announcement.
- Frontcourt recruiting: New insight and analysis on several major UK targets, including feedback from a national analyst and positive buzz on Scottie Barnes.
- National analyst thinks Kentucky is a ‘relatively easy’ pick for Final Four.
- Pat Forde eviscerates Kansas for what happened at Friday’s midnight madness.
ESSENTIALS: CATS & RECRUITING